This page will be used to communicate with parents regarding all that is happening with technology and your student.
- Digital Citizenship Tips and Resources for Parents Click Here
- I would like more info about the Parent Login for My Big Campus Click Here
- Where can I find information about the technology in the EVSC? Click Here
- Do you feel like your child is spending too much time online? Click Here
- Is your child safe online? Click Here
- What's new in the world of technology and kids? Click Here
- How Technology Can Coexist with Kids in a Healthy Way Click Here
- PluggedIn Online - This resource created by the Christian group Focus on the Family contains thousands of reviews of movies, videos, music, TV, and video/computer games. It gives a very detailed description of each type of media, outlining potential concerns for children using each type of media.
- Stopcyberbulling.org - This resource contains age graded info for students and parents regarding Cyberbullying.
- Cyberbully Movie - ABC Family produced this movie and it would be a good movie to watch as a family and discuss what happens in the movie. This site also contains a number of resources for students and parents. Note: This movie does contain some language and intense situations related to cyberbullying in a high school setting. Read more about the movie here.
- Federal Communication Commission (the FCC) - The FCC has a number of resources for parents about use of the internet and safety.
- A Smart Girl's Guide to the Internet - This book is an excellent resource for girls who are just starting to get online or girls who are experiencing the online. Complete with stories and quizzes, A Smart Girl's Guide to the Internet is a must read for all girls navigating the internet.
- Disney and Commonsense Media have partnered to create this resource for parents and students. Featuring Disney characters and important lessons about cyberbullying and internet safety, this resource is one to check out.
- Media options when your kids go to a friends house: http://www.commonsensemedia.org/new/perfect-play-date
- Common Sense Media has a number of great blog entries focusing on multiple topics related to media and families: http://www.commonsensemedia.org/blog